Sinister: I can't stop thinking about Stuart pissing all over walls

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Fri May 5 18:29:13 BST 2000

OK, I've stopped.

My new game involves cutting and pasting posts into Word and using the word
count facility to see how long they are.  Today, Gay Dirty Den wins a clear
mandate with 1480 words, saving the need for complex transferral of second
preferences.  Pinefox comes a respectable second with 1217.  However, pinefox's
count is being examined closely by the returning officer after allegations that
178 words were ineligible, being supplied by a French structuralist prankster.

They were both very good, though, don't you think?  But 1480 words!  I used to
take weeks to write essays that long at university.

I'm not quite sure what ian's thesis is, but it reads very nicely.  I do have to
take issue with his assertion that anyone who tries to change the world for the
better ends up doing more harm than good, though.  Like my mum used to
unilaterally clear up rubbish around where we used to live in Peckham.  Mind
you, I suppose some  hardline lefty could say that she was absolving the council
from its responsibilities and making the situation worse in the long term.   But
what about Martin Luther King or William Wilberforce or Nelson Mandela, or...
someone else not involved in black emancipation?

Robin remarked that..

>          Nick continues his crusade against tweeness. True,
>twee's not a flattering word, and I'm not all that keen on
>giving myself a label, but I'm quite fond of the, um, ambient
>of the band and I don't think it should be denyed. Maybe
>there's another word to describe it.

I don't know.  'Parochial' is the only thing that comes to mind.  Not terribly
flattering either, though.  'Wistful'?  Bollocks to it.  Sometimes I think
language would be enriched if adjectives were banned.

I have discovered blogs (crap name, derived from 'web logs').  They're like
www.ntk.net but less geeky.  Start with www.riothero.com or
www.netcomuk.co.uk/~tewing/blueline.html

Ooh, Lucy's posted her exp-er-iences:

Was Isobel's biker jacket made out of little foxes?

I might have known Beanz would be the one behind the fiendish 12" extension
scandal.  DJ snob.  I thought that 12"s were designed for the the visually
impaired, like large-print books.

>- The general consensus in the band seems to be that
>The Model is the best song on the album, although Don't
>Leave The Light... and Too Much Love were also mentioned
>as good'uns

Hang on.  Miller's right - the album doesn't come out for another month.  How
can they have heard it?  Can someone explain?

> At this point, his argument was sort of ruined by a person
> of this parish, who will remain nameless, who got a tiny
> bit carried away and shouted out "BUT YOU'RE THE BEST BAND
> IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD EVER!" or something.

MCARTHUR!! COME HERE!

   Nick xx