Sinister: Rant...

David White david at xxx.uk
Sun May 7 14:10:39 BST 2000

Greetings,

**MTV**

I've read a lot about how B&S should be on MTV. For anybody who has not seen
MTV2, (I think it's only on Digital but I may be wrong), then you should be
aware that this channel is made for the likes of B&S. It's actually quite
good, a sort of antidote to the bland playlist on MTV and plays alternative
indie type music all day and all night. You can even email them your own
playlist for an hour. I reckon if we all email them with a demand to show
the new B&S video, we might just get away with it. Their address is
www.mtv2.co.uk

**TWEE**

Regarding Nick's definition of twee, I have to say I agree with him. I do
not consider myself in the slightest bit "twee", but still enjoy the music
the band produce, which I would not classify as twee music either. I
wouldn't mind betting a fair number of the people on this list would baulk
at the idea of being twee. People who continue to live out this image of all
B&S fans being twee do no favours for the rest of us or for the image of the
band. I've seen interviews where both Richard and Mick both claim that the
band are not in the slightest bit like how they are portrayed by the media.
(See www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk on the QUOTES page.)

On a lighter note...

I still haven't heard the new single yet. I reckon the first time I'll hear
it will be when I buy it. I suspect I might have heard a bit of it yesterday
but can't be sure. The thing is I was listening to the football phone in on
Radio 5 and they played a kind of jingle thing with background music that
could only be described as sounding like the theme from Eurotrash (but it
wasn't the theme from Eurotrash though). Was this Legal Man???
I remember Radio 5 used a Teenage Fanclub song for a jingle during the last
World Cup, so perhaps it' s not too unreasonable to think that they might
use Belle and Sebastian too.
Anyway if anybody can shed some light on this I'd be grateful,

<--Dave-->

PS visit www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk cos the bulletin board
discussion page thingy is officially "lonely"

david at belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk