Sinister: I let my heavy eyelids flutter

Craig craigrm at xxx.uk
Sun May 7 15:33:22 BST 2000

It's been quite a while since I last pulled on my faded & ill fitting
swimming costume and took a devil-may-care leap into the warm pool that is
the Sinister list.

And it feels good to be back.

My apologies to the wee girl in the flouro water-wings, I just didn't spot
you there -  I hope the arm gets better real soon.

Actually has anyone noticed the apparent demise of the plaster cast ?.
Possibly modern medicine has now rendered them obsolete with some flash new
advances in bone fixing gimmickry ?, but I'm sure in my teen years I was
forever bent over a freshly plastered limb, felt tip in hand ready to pen
something
that passed as witty on a newly set compound fracture. Or maybe I just hung
out with clumsy kids who didn't get enough calcium.

B&S

I think that all the talk about selling out isn't doing anyone much good.
Personally as long as I feel the same thrill and weirdly happy feeling I
currently
get listening to their songs I don't really care how big and commercial they
come, in fact I quite look forward to the day when you can't turn on the
radio or telly without Stuart and pals popping up. How does a modern day
version  of Scooby Doo* with B&S travelling around in a snappily painted van
solving mysteries sound ?.

e.g.
Stuart : "... and that's how they switched Ponies without the circus boy's
knowledge Mr Police Officer"
Creepy Fairground janitor: "Damn !. I would've got away with it too if it
wasn't
for those pesky kids with their haunting melodies and clever lyrics"

Mucho thanks to Lucy and everyone else for their reports of Thursday
nights meeting the press shindig, it all sounded rather grand. It was
interesting to hear that the Band think Stuart's songs "The Model",
"Don't Leave the Light On Baby" and "Too Much Love" are the highlights of
the new album, I think we're all in for a treat when it comes out. Don't get
me wrong as I like a change now and then but when it comes to the crunch I'd
prefer a B&S album to be rather Murdoch heavy in the song writing
department. I'm old fashioned like that.

"BUT YOU'RE THE BEST BAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD EVER!".

I love it when that kinda thing happens. Through a  series of circumstances
that even to
this day I'm not sure of I once ended up going along to see the Spice Girls
(tm)
film a TV performance at the height of their popularity and was embarrassed
and unnerved when the girl I was sitting next too suddenly stood up and
started screaming "WE LOVE YOU EMMA" at the top of her voice.

Ummm... I guess that's it for now, I probably haven't made a massive
contribution
to any on-going discussions but I just wanted to post again before I forgot
how to.

byebye,
Craig x

*sans Scrappy Doo obviously.