Sinister: boys aren't scary, but they sure are confusing

christa NOGOODNIK at xxx.net
Sun May 7 23:31:04 BST 2000

ugh i'm drunk.  its gorgeous outside today and i was out in the 'garden'
writing a bit, and listening to IYFS.  "get me away from here" came on and i
immediately got incredibly excited for the new album.  new songs by this
band that have been my happiness, my sadness, my drunken wailing, my silly
dancing.  i don't want a single soul to ruin that day, that moment, for me.
i want to come home from the record store,
plastic-wrapped-clingy-hard-to-open thing in my sweaty grasp.  i want to
empty my stereo, put it in, and listen to it straight through while
puttering about.  smiling and teary-eyed.  i don't care if you all know i'm
going to cry.  i know i'm going to cry when i hear it; when i feel it in my
hand.  and i know that out of all 1300 of you, someone feels the same way.
it will be like the sunniest day.  the anticipation of it is as sweet as the
weeks of wearing the sound away in my head.  it'll be perfect, i promise.

madflowr and i are planning the Follow-Up to Last Year's Awesome Sinister
Get-together *slash* B&S Record Release Picnic for the Washington DC area.
its going to be on the Saturday after the release of the new CD... June 10.
i want everyone in the DC/Baltimore/Virginia/Pennsylvania to come.  its
going to be a blast.  last year we had a fantastic time with croquet and
frisbee and yummy food and smiling, lovely faces.  a truly beautiful group,
if i do say so.  we'll be updating sinister, sinisterdc, and the jeepster
meetup page with more details as they evolve.  keep eyes and ears open!

why are males so confusing?  they don't make a lick of sense.  they say one
thing and then do another.  they don't do what they say they will.  i have
had 4 grown women tell me over the course of this weekend that men never
change, that they remain childish forever and ever and that women just have
to 'get used to it'.  grow complacent, in other words.  why is this?
explain to me why this is so, or if it is a lie.  i'm at a transition... i'm
halfway between finding men absolutely gorgeous yet mystifying, and finding
them too difficult to put up with altogether.  i don't want to start a
list-feud, girls vs. boys.  i just want to know why it is this way.  <sigh>

oh well, "seeing other people" is on; this should provide insight.  ;)

going around my elbow to get to my thumb,
.christa.