Sinister: The genius of Stuart "Patty Page" Murdoch

Pelican303 at xxx.com Pelican303 at xxx.com
Mon May 8 05:03:31 BST 2000

Oh shock and horror eternal...my world has been turned upside down.
Hasn't yours?
Or I the only who noticed the striking similarity between the "greatest
melody of all pop music" (which obviously belongs to Slow Graffiti for those
of you out there who, also, are slow) and certain song sung by one Patty
Page...at least I think it was Patty Page...it was someone with an
alliterative name like that ("alliteration will conquer all")...
you know...the old 50's chick who did "How much is that doggie in the
window?".
(You all will be amused that upon first typing that I accidentally wrote "How
much is that donkey in the window?")
well I saw an ad on PBS for some biography on her singing some song ("I go
walking...with my darling") with a rather similar melody...though the
harmonic pattern was different, but I was still crushed.  (Why is it that
neither PBS, ABC, CBS, or NBC sound as cool as BBC?)
Well, in light of this discovery, I'm giving up my Belle and Sebastian
fandom...I'm done with the whole thing (a few minutes later Rob runs off for
a "B&S fix"...oh yeah...that's goooooood).
Anyway...I apologize for the lack of content involving twee and selling
out...maybe next time.
Can I just say, there are way too many cute girls on this list for just one
crush vote.  I just want you chickies to know that I am in love with each and
everyone of you (some more than others...don't you get jealous Kal ;)  ).
I suppose that's all.  I will now drive my moped back into the shadows.
The anti-mod
Rob