Sinister: I wish that life could be just like a photograph. But not one of me...

Alasdair Cook MC1996 acook at xxx.uk
Mon May 8 15:23:17 BST 2000

You people are dirty. That's why I love you.

That picnic thing on Saturday was a bit of a laugh. Jen can handle her
drink far better than me, but then I am a big girl's blouse. She's now a
fully paid up member of the Sinister "we're only happy in the pub"
brigade, and long may she rool. Everyone else was brill as well. I
strive to match the coolness level of these people. I'm not succeeding.
I also heard Legal Man for the first time, and it's fantastic! Although
obviously it promotes anarchy. Which is a..........good thing!

"JESUS CHRIST!", you may have said to yourself as you opened the first
new photo on the picnics page. Who the HELL is that ugly bastard? Well,
unfortunately, tis me. I thought I'd seen some bad photo's of myself but
that takes the entire biscuit barrel and the sweet trolley with it.

Overall a good weekend, only marred by the fact that I had to spend most
of it with those complete arses Martin "Playground Love" Robinson and
Matt "Cunt" Powell. Those people are the scum on my boots. Laughing at
B&S members dancing has long been a hobby of mine, and this weekend has
been a top one for my scrapbook, with a new "cossack" variation from
Chris and the usual alternate bouncing feet while spinning from Murdoch.
These people should not be allowed out in a civilised society. Mind you,
neither should I.

Sarah said:
> Fellow sinners,
>
> First off:

And for a second I thought she said "Fuck Off", which would have been
the greatest start to a mail ever. But it wasn't. Luckily, though, the
rest of her mail was great, so that made up for the disappointment.

I don't have much to say at the moment, as I can never be bothered to
get involved in list issues. Because I'm really stupid. Oh, I went on
Sinister chat for the first time today, and it was wonderful. The way
you can talk to people without having to see their ugly mugs. And vice
versa. Actually I think Trousers was the only one in there with an ugly
mug. It has a picture of Ron Atkinson on it. Boom boom. When, will I,
will I be funny? Never.

Finally, Lawrence M said:
> amongst the dull indie pop came "She's
> Losing It", and I got up and danced and danced and danced and, for two
> minutes, I have never felt so happy.

Which made me think of the end of a poem by Auden. It's from memory,
though, so might not be right. It goes

Dance, dance, for the figure is easy
The tune is catching and will not stop
Dance till the stars come down with the rafters
Dance, dance, dance till you drop.

And on that note, I shall take my leave. I have to find a hammer so I
can smash Matt Powell's face in. I'll smash it so much he'll end up
actually looking handsome. Then I'm off to the swings with Martin
Robinson. Bye.

Alasdair xx

PS This has been a bit of a rubbish post, hasn't it? Sorry, I'm tired.