Sinister: Woddy Guthrie/Wilco/Billy Bragg

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue May 9 03:28:28 BST 2000

I don't mean to post twice in the same day, but I know there's a good-sized
Wilco following on this list so I figured I'd pass along some great news:

On May 30th, Mermaid Avenue 2 is being released, which contains 15 or so
songs many of which were newly recorded.  Jeff Tweedy says is a more
challenging and less folksy album, which should be really interesting.  I
heard a clip of a Billy Bragg tune called "You Facists' Bound To Lose" and it
sounded really rocking and awesome!  You can check out www.wilcoweb.com for
some more info (and sound clips).
To make good news even better, Bragg and Wilco plan to celebrate the release
by staging a joint-tour this summer where they'll play songs entirely off
both Mermaid Avenue LPs.  I've never seen Billy, but Wilco rocks like a
magikist.
Rock over London, Rock over Chicago...Heinz, its America's favorite ketchup

Steve C.