Sinister: WARNING: GLASGOW PICNICS DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH

Pamela Tait jaffa_cakes at xxx.com
Tue May 9 09:23:53 BST 2000

My second post.

Yeah, so anyway.....
Went to the Glasgow meet up on Saturday. That is, me and my two mates Lisa
and Angie. T'was a beautiful day. I was enjoying my fourth day of legal
drinking and, funnily enough, the fourth day of my drinking binge. Met the
kids in George Square (a BIG hello to all present: Jason, Chris, Jen, Owen,
Gail, Ally, Calumn, The Count Snorlax, Morrissey, Neil'n'Ailsa and the
rest). Had lunch at the bandstand in Kelvingrove Park.
Then we went to the pub. Oh dear. The Tap, a nice place at the far end of
Suck-It-All Street and strictly speaking, I should have just had 'The One'
and gone home. But I gave in and gulped down down my cider and blackcurrant
and played pool (badly), apologising after every bad shot. Somehow and Alex
blur lookey-likey ordered five pizzas and a garlic bread to our table. Which
was nice.
Went back to Calumn's Castle in the West End and had no sleep, some beer and
sent my first sinister post. Supported Morrisseys legs as he fell asleep
across three of our laps. Had a slagging match with my mate and ended up
smoking Camel (-shit) fags and slowly lost the sight in one eye.
Lisa had to go. I hadn't called home. Wrote Calumn a note and had to leave
without saying goodbye or thanks (which I feel goddamn awful about now.
Calumn: cheers for stuff. It was well groovey). Discovered we didn't really
have a clue where we were. Found Hillhead Underground (which was closed...)
and somehow, I got home in one piece. That was on Sunday. I slept for the
whole day. Woke up feeling really ill and now I can't sing (perhaps due to
the Camel fags or the aftermath of Saturday nights 'aftershock and vomit'
incident) and now my whole body aches.
Don't get me wrong - I had a bloody good day, but the timing was all wrong.
I was reminded today that besides drink, I can also vote so I'm gonna go on
a voting binge. Starting off with Clause 28, then moving onto the harder
stuff like London Mayoral Elections (if I actually *lived* in London, that
is. And if I gived a shit...)
I was advised to get a tattoo now that I'm 18 and I have a few designs in
mind. The Isobel-Kebab one could be nice, or perhaps a map of Venezuela in
pink with a blue border. All suggestions are welcome....

Next meet-up is on May 20th. Can't wait.

Song I've been listening to a lot: 'Refractions In The Plastic Pulse' by
Stereolab.

Go eat a pickle.

Remember my name, for it is Toffeecrisp (aged 18 and still on my drinking
binge)

Pamela
xxx
I AM OBSESSED WITH BOTTLE GREEN MINI COOPERS. FEAR ME..