Sinister: List Virginity a sacred thing

stuart geddes tsunami.stu at xxx.net
Tue May 9 13:03:08 BST 2000

Ok so I was given my voice on the 7/2/00 and I'vee sat all these months just
reading. For some reason when I woke up this morning and put on Elliot Smith
as I was washing I felt that today was the day to post a  message. i didn't
know what I was going to write about, so I thought that I'd just start
speaking and see what I said.

I have read a lot of criticism of the new Belle and Sebastian seingle, but I
think that its tops. Really I don't think they can put a foot wrong. I
remember buying the boy with the arab strap, totally just out of curiosity.
I had seen it advertised in NME and I'd seen the curious green cover in
Virgin in Argyle STreet for many months, and then one day I bought that and
Desserters Songs. I don't listen to Mercury Rev, but little did I know then
that Belle and Sebastian were gonna take over my summer.

Last Summer was a total arse for me. I had messed about during my second
year @ uni, and I was now faced with three resits that was going to spoil my
summer, I also dumped my girlfriend of four  years, and was faced with
everyone telling me what she was up to. The night before t in the park I
watched the Belle and Sebastian programme on BBC two, and that changed my
life, it was just really smart. And after that I recorded all of the albums
onto minidisc so that I couild listen in the car. I do a lot of drivnf and
the albums are ingrained onto my brain now, In particular but, Tigermilk and
If you're feeling sinister. There are definitely my favourites and songs
Like I don't love anyone and Stars of Track and Field remind me of what a
great summer it turned out to be.

This year things are a lot better. I've found a great girlfriend, and uni is
back on track I sat my first exam yesterday , and I've got two more on
thursday and friday. And so I am finishing my inaugral rant, as the Elliot
Smith album is just finishing. I must add that Elliot Smith reminds me a bit
of Sean Lennon. Sorry.

Anyhoo I hope I didn't bore you too much

The StarbrightBoy
This message has been brought to you by the STARLESS WONDER