Sinister: RE: Woddy Guthrie/Wilco/Billy Bragg

Thomas, Ferris Ferris_Thomas at xxx.com
Tue May 9 13:43:31 BST 2000

Only this morning it was read that Steve C. said...
> On May 30th, Mermaid Avenue 2 is being released...
> ...which should be really interesting.

I had the good luck to have seen Billy Bragg when he played the Symphony
Space in NYC about two months ago and he played strictly Guthrie music.  The
show ran probably over two hours and he spoke through almost all of it about
the collaborative effort between he and Wilco and the period of American
history the music came out of.  Neat stuff.  He played probably ten songs
and the rest of the time was an unscripted monologue.

The record has got a lot of guest appearances on it though the only one that
comes to mind is Natalie Merchant.

-ferris.