Sinister: We hate stories

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue May 9 14:38:59 BST 2000

No, hold on. I know, I know. Another fookin' story? Please not. You Don't
Care.

But hey, the following is NOT a dream, NOR fiction. And it's as B&S as you
can get.

There was this guy, right? (This is not your ordinary "Bu-huu, life is
horrible and girls too"- crap, so hang on in there). He was majorly into
this twee-shit, Little Prince etc. Now, a little more than a year ago he had
a blinddate: His ex- girlfriend was using IRC while he called her this one
night. And it so happened that she was talking (or is it IRCing they do via
the net? oh well...) with some girl who had just found the Smiths- albums.
So the boy asks his ex to fix him on a blinddate. So she does, and the next
evening they meet in this small bar, the guy and the late Smiths-bloomer.

What a fucking drag the girl is, the boy thinks to himself then. Cocky, been
around the world and TOO proud of it, not even that special looking (the guy
IS shallow). There had been some talk over the phone before they met that
they'd go and see this horrible band play live in the nearby club. The guy
says he has no money (and did the blinddate believe it? Hah!), so they have
that funny conversation which we ALL have had:
Boy: "Hey, I'll call you sometime in the near future! Promise!"
Girl: "Ok."
Like hell he calls her.

Well, the guy goes home. And writes a textmessage to her ex- girlfriend:
"THE CHICK WAS A FUCKING DRAG!"
A few minutes pass, and an answer comes back (Now, this is where it gets
interesting):
"THERE'S A GIRL WITH A B&S-SHIRT IN HERE!"

The guys ex is attending the same gig he and his blinddate were supposed to
go to. The guy, seriously fucked after the worst (and first) blinddate of
his life, messages her back:
"WELL ASK HER IF SHE'D MEET ME TOMORROW!"
A few minutes pass again, and the answer comes back:
"OK, GOT HER NUMBER, YOU HAVE A DATE!"

A bit freaky, uh?

Well they meet the next evening, the boy not getting his hopes up too much.
But, much to his surprise, the girl is ok. B&S- badges, jeans, sneakers, all
that stuff. And pretty too. Although she's awfully shy and not very
talkative. She tells him she had been to the Bowlie Weekender, though, which
is quite cool. The evening goes well, and they both promise they'd call each
other. And the guy DOES call (see, sometimes we DO phone you back) and they
go to a "party" and drink some liquids. And watch South Park. "Party"
because there's only him, her and the guys friend in there. But it's ok, and
after that they go to a club and watch some crappy band make an ass out of
themselves.

As the time goes by they see each other, the guy and the blinddate- girl,
more often.

Move forward a year, and the guy and the girl finally get together. What
happens between that period of time? You don't want to know. Let's just say
that the guy has a few girlfriends but it all goes fine in the end. And the
girl becomes a bit more talkative.

And she also is trying to get in to the university this year to study
english. And that's why I don't see her this evening. And she's reading
this, so I'd better stop.

@--->--- Jake le PetitE, killing time before leaving work in about... 30
minutes.

ps: It's a tad too cute for my taste, now that I read it again. Pfff. Well I
don't care.