Sinister: Sinister things in Edinburgh

Alan Burns burns_alan29 at xxx.com
Tue May 9 15:34:35 BST 2000

Okay, let's get to the bottom of this mystery right now.....

"Napier University, Merchiston Campus - The Belle & Sebastian Toilet Cubicle
In The Gents Up The Stairs To Your Right As You Arrive."

What is the strange force that a humble convenience could exert, that B&S
lyric quotes appear on its walls on a daily basis, in at least four
different people's handwriting??

That's four including me today, as I finished off a line from TBWTAS that
someone had left hanging in mid air. So who are the other three?? I think
there ought to be 24 hour vigils to check everyone who goes in and out.

The tally so far:

lines from TBWTAS, today.
lines from The State I Am In, today.
lines from Le Pastie De La Bourgoisie, last week. (now painted over.)
lines from If You're Feeling Sinister, before that. (ditto.)
lines from Slow Graffitti (how apt!), before that. (ditto.)
one other one that I can't remember, around the same time.

Some mighty spooky things are happening.
Maybe it'll all come to light at the Sinister Picnic on June 10th (I'll
hopefully be there.)
see yous!