Sinister: Unfortunately, fishes are all a penguin wants

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Tue May 9 17:28:57 BST 2000

Hello kiddies,

Crikes I haven't done this for a while as I've been preoccupied with a
study of the diet and mating habits of the Spheniscidae family who live
next door. I hope I can still write irrelevant, witless rhetoric.
Anyway, I should like to begin by giving some really quite extensive
props to those members of our Glaswegian fraternity who all contributed
to me having an exceedingly pleasant weekend whilst 99 miles North of
the border with civilisation. Seneca once said something like we should
expect little and our expectations shall not be let down, but no one
could expect to have a weekend that good whilst continually in the
company of Alasdair Cook surely. I doubt if we'll be welcome back in a
hurry by the Cookie monster's friend(s) and relatives as the company of
"the complete arse" dMatt and I has seems to have left the poor lad
afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome judging by his last post. And the
tradition of visitors (and I don't mean singing Sumo yokels) spewing in
the company of these hardened Glaswegians weened on McEwans seems to
have been broken by only a certain home player's ail??ment resulting in
chunder. Anyhow, much thanks to Shearer for putting me up and everyone
up there for putting up with me. Including even the barmaid who asked me
if I wanted a pint of Tenant's. I've really never been so insulted.

I did find it odd though to see all these Scottish pop stars wandering
the streets and generally being everywhere. Next I'll be thinking
they're actually human and just like me. Well not exactly like me
obviously as that would be scary, except maybe if I met Morissey
apparently. Hmmm...

Anyway Londoners see you on the 20th on Greenwich Hill for more
picnicking mayhem. I'll probably only be there for a while as I'll be
wandering around for hours looking for that country bumpkin Carsmile.
Cool your Wellies Mr Hewitt, it's easy to find. It's right behind the
observatory at the start of Blackheath Avenue on the following map (or
email me if you want me to meet you at a station and hold your hand and
hamper up the hill):

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=538750&Y=177250&zoom
=1

My, my I really am an uninteresting man for which I can only blame my
parents for a sheltered upbringing. Anyway, must carry on as life sized
paper mache Jim Rockford's don't make themselves do they?

Te ra,

Martin