Sinister: But if you are feeling like Orson Welles (go off and see your psychiatrist)

Coldcolours at xxx.com Coldcolours at xxx.com
Tue May 9 21:48:16 BST 2000

Hey Kids,

    I wanted to share an idea I had, which you may find interesting.

    A few days ago, a friend and I were walking around Boston, and we came
across a film crew shooting a movie. For those of you who have never seen a
movie being filmed, it's a tedious affair, with lots of waiting and general
milling about. But we decided to sit around for an hour or two, so if Brad
Pitt or someone came out we could throw jelly beans at them. (We had a lot of
time to waste and a lot of jellybeans.) So we sat around, and I wondered if,
had I a boombox and a tape of Legal Man, and I should play it for the
director, he would fall in love with it and say "this would be perfect in my
movie!!"
    Which then led to me lamenting the greivous lack of B+S in most movies
(besides High Fidelity, of course.). But, instead of sitting around thinking
"Belle and Sebastian is better than everyone, why don't people put them in
every movie?" I thought,
"Why don't *we* make a movie with Belle and Sebastian as the whole
soundtrack?"

Think about it. The Sinister magnum opus. It could be epic, with a cast of
thousands. We could proudly display B+S to the whole world for an hour and a
half. We could show all the kids who think we're a bunch of field mice in
tiny feety pajamas just how hard and straight and cool we really are.
    So now all we need is a script, someone with a camera, all the technical
movie things. You guys are brilliant, creative, daring people; how about it?
    Well, it was just a suggestion. :)
Til the stars align...
joanna

"Where was I five years ago? Well, I was here...but I didn't have this coat."