Sinister: Sinister uniforms: a debate

Genevieve Wesley pookie59 at xxx.com
Wed May 10 00:05:07 BST 2000

This is interesting to hear all these twee definitions,before this list,I'd
never actually even heard of 'twee' but then,I must confess,I always thought
it was about kittens and stuff.I think it's because of TweeKitten
records..word association you know.Just like when one hears the word
"struan" they think: "powerful hunk of man" But I must ask you,when Isobel
talks like a 8 year old,is that what one calls being 'twee' or is that just
'annoying'.Oh Gen,lighten up. But then again..the world holds no cuteness
for me...I sit in darkened corners with my sunglasses on.And when I see
those bunnies jumping merrily in the fields..and..I want to..step on
them.No,not really.I once owned two bunnies,but one froze to death and one
ran away so now I am slightly embittered.What if Struan wore pink pjs with
the little bum flap exposed.Random mental picture.
according to dictionary,twee is: "Overly precious or nice." "affectedly
dainty or refined" "dainty, mincing, niminy-piminy,prim"

sweet brenda wrote:
some kind soul PLEASE mail me
a list of the members of Belle and Sebastian cos i'm all at sea about it and
never know what the hell ya'll are banging on about? like who the hell is
"struan"? and is that really even a name? sorry but NO! oh, and why does
everyone hate isobel so much? jealous or what? or is her butt too huge?

I really don't know who started the name Struan,who did???..but I've adopted
it.'Stuart' doesn't sit well on my tongue anymore.

So this idea of Sinister uniforms? I'm going to have to disagree with
Erica,even though I'm very jealous of her wardrobe and I want her silver
ballet shoes.(And her chalet experiences,cough cough)I don't think we should
go all military style,its too boxy,too restricting!I don't like shoulder
pads.They make me look like a bridge troll. People need to flow
free.Instead,the boys can wear skirts and go commando.And no shirts.Think
how natural you'll feel.Wheeee.Catching the breezes.Just like when Sister
Disco dreamed this up...

"Does that mean he wasn't wearing underpants? If not, did his goolies
fall out when he put his foot up on the "white traffic bollard"? No
wonder Mister Jones was taken aback...." (Sister Disco,April 1999)

And the girls can wear hotpants and tight t-shirts,with some sort of clever
slogan on the front.I'm sorry,I blame this all on the alluring
Velocity..she's got me all a titter with talk of girl Sinister FC taking on
the boys.Girl-champion alias Hon-champ-ey might even be persuaded to
join,but only if she gets to serve lemonade to the bruised and aching
Boy-Players and wear a specially made pink skirt (that flares delicately
around the hips) and doesn't get the ball passed to her.She's a bit of a
niminy-piminy.So yes,girls,at the next picnic,don't just sit when the boys
play football,get out there and...do rude and distracting things.Make out
with each other.Oh,and since Struan is sensitive and has the soul of a
girl,he will be on the girl's team.

Sinister Hat..yes,I want one.Can it be a grand one like they wear at the
horse races? Or I want one with a fishnet veil,and I can wear black lipstick
and be dark,like my soul.

yours,in hotpants,
genevieve xo
p.s
I didn't go to that Billy Bragg concert,but Billy Bragg once bought my older
brother a beer because he "supports the young soliders" just thought i'd
share...