Sinister: pick knickers!

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Wed May 10 15:20:09 BST 2000

Perhaps someone has already clarified things re the London picnic on the
20th. If not:

Mark, the one and only picnic will be in Greenwich, not Primrose Hill. This
is because the great majority of picnickers will be going on to 2000
troubled teenagers, which (I believe) is in New Cross, i.e. very close to
Greenwich and bloody miles from Primrose Hill. This is, incidentally, far
more inconvenient for me personally, but it does make sense. I hope everyone
can still make it.

I don't want to give any further details now in case I get them wrong too,
but please, ANYONE who wants to come really really should - even the shyest
of the twee (a terrifying thought) will feel happy and welcome when the
Pringles, pork pies and pale ales (erm...) a-plenty start being consumed...
And the further you travel to come, the more people will be delighted to see
you. We're even grudgingly allowing Ally Cook to present us with his grace.

Ooh, one other thing - at the picnics we tend to have more crisps, sweets
and chocolates than we know what to do with, while real, main course type
food tends to be in short supply. If you make some sandwiches or bagels or,
heaven forbid, bring a camping stove, you're bound to get a big wet kiss
from Ally/Erica*, depending on your preference.

For those of you into your footie, there are pubs nearby if you really need
your fix that afternoon. But the footie to be played will be a million times
more fun than watching poncey, overpaid pansies parade around a pitch
(though if certain as-yet-unnamed people are playing, you'll get that as
well, boom boom), so join the Sinister FC massive - the stars of Bowlie and
ATP started with jumpers for goalposts too, you know.

Moving on...certain ancient people with long memories would probably suggest
that I don't get into this, but BabyChris' comments about the Cool Set in
London (forgive the paraphrase) seem a bit tetchy and far from the truth.
It's very hard to have a clique with so  many people, Chris - I'd hope you'd
be able to find all of us who meet up down here just as friendly as
elsewhere. Just as the Glasgow listees who I've met have been to me. In any
case, try it before you make such judgements, please.

Actually, re-reading what Chris meant, I'm going to rant a bit more.. A
"scene"? Quoi? And the implication that we're not "normal people who like
the music" - how on earth do you think we found each other? And TWEE in
capital letters? It's laughable to suggest we're somehow more pretentious or
fake than you. And plain wrong.

Sinister is meant to bring us together, and does an impossibly good job of
it. There's no need to try and create some kind of division which simply
doesn't exist. Especially in your valedictory post.

Markx

*subject to me not getting a clout round the earhole from one of the
aforementioned lovelies.

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 020 7224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org