Sinister: Je parle le franglais tres alright, likes

Iain Radcliffe iaradcliffe at xxx.com
Wed May 10 22:21:18 BST 2000

Bon soir,
I'll keep this one short, 'cos I have very little to say really, except that
the interview with Stevie Jackson on the radio has got me all sweaty and
excited in anticipation of the release of HAPPYFLAPS.
It's meant to be "very sad" according to Lamacq, which I think is cool.
Tigermilk and BWTAS are quite cheery affairs, and so it's only fair that
IYFS and Happycamper (inappropriate moniker) are more sombre, thus achieving
perfect symmetry and equilibrium of tone at the four album stage blah, blah,
aeolian cadence, blah, brisk, moderato, foxtrot...
What I mean is, it's sometimes nice to have a good wallow like a miserable
bastard, ie "I Know It's Over" off La Queen est Mort and everything off La
Lune Pink.
YES to uniforms , especially nurse/french maid/sailor/pirate etc.
I was also wondering what the state of play is with les picnics d'Ecosse ?
The chat after the Glasgow one is making me itch to "get out of the office
and into the springtime", to quote some shite sell-out band I heard on a
football advert.
I'm I right in thinking: 20th - Glasgow, 10th June - Edinburgh, then T in
the P ?
That would be groovy.
I like Joanna's idea of a film:

"We still need someone to play the part of the frustrated bureaucrat who
dreams about large South American countries, and someone to do the voice of
the hero's sidekick, who happens to be a talking strawberry pie (or for the
foreign markets, a talking jaffa cake). Claim the role you were born to
play!
Um, is anyone amused by this at all? I'm sorry.
feeling terribly insecure
joanna"

Can I play a raffish James Dean type who kicks the shit out of Major Spiffy
Elephant-Gun Blunderbuss Rotter MBE, to the strains of Me and the Major" ?
I would go apoplectic during the frantic harmonica riffing and explode into
a million snowflakes at the song's conclusion.
Write in with your desired "part" and relieve Joanna's insecurity...anyone,
anyone, Buller, Buller...
By keeping this message "short", I feel sure that I have circumvented
anybody's itchy trigger finger on delete.
Yes, enough crap for now,
Iain (aka Jarvis)
P.S. If you want to have a laugh at my home town, visit
http://go.to/perthcity
Juvenile student humour, but funny all the same. It featured in the Daily
Record today.
P.P.S. It's always good to have a nice "P.S." isn't it. Somehow a letter
ain't complete without those two little letters which say to me
"....afterthought" so eloquently.