Sinister: ok, I admit it, I am a fool

marc_bloomfield at xxx.org marc_bloomfield at xxx.org
Thu May 11 10:40:49 BST 2000

Okay, spot the splanker (a much underused word, I think), who hit the
wrong reply button.

After all that, I think I should justify myself. Right, okay, I was a
bit upset by what I read, and yes, I do sometimes get infuriated by
what I read (I'm not going to mention names, because that's not fair,
not nice, and really not the sort of thing I do). But I would also like
to say, right now, that I'd rather read some stuff which I disagree
with than nothing at all (after all, everyone's entitled to an
opinion). Which is why I'm here. I also said this:

"I can understand being a bit annoyed when people post about 5 things
which are all a
couple of lines long, or when there are several posts which say exactly
the same thing."

Again, not a criticism (it doesn't bother me at all personally), but I
understand that some people get more wound up by these things than
others.

Hope I haven't caused anyone any offence, as none was intended.

Right, onto cheerier things. Like how jealous I am about T in the Park.
Every year it looks the best festival and this year is no exception.
Lucky people. I'd go, but I can't afford to get the train all that way.
Although I may be going to Homelands. I appreciate that this is
probably not what most people would be interested in, but I went a
couple of years ago and it was top. Best night out ever. I honestly
recommend it.

Glen said:

Lamacq kept reffering to the band as "THE BELLES", which for some
reason makes me shudder.

I didn't hear it, but I can't agree more. Maybe they should've had a
shorter name to begin with, which couldn't be abbreviated in such a
horrid way. Still, it's better than poor old Polly Harvey (imagine
being referred to as Peej (shudder)). Mind you, Radio 1 DJs do have a
habit of saying excrutiatingly embarrassing things. I still cringe when
I remember Mark Goodier, in the middle of a PWEI sound city gig,
remarking 'Pop Will Eat Itself - absolutely jumpin'. Er yes. I'm also
reminded of someone I overheard at an Echo & The Bunnymen gig - 'they
were better than Ocean'. Bizarre, quite frankly.

Glen also remarked about prefect-esque Sinister badges. Sounds like a
good idea to me. I was never made a prefect at school (don't worry, I
don't expect any hugs for this sorry story of my life), so the thought
of pretending to be one is interesting. I'm not sure if it's
necessarily good, but it's worth a try. Although I'd feel a bit creepy
pretending to be school age again.

Well, I hope my grovelling apology is ok (and that this doesn't read
like ill-conceived rubbish, which it may well do). Sorry to all
(especially Honey, who was only trying to be helpful in the first
place).

If you've read this far, you deserve a medal. Thanks.

A very sheepish Marc.