Sinister: Ol' dirty bastard

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Mon May 15 16:43:42 BST 2000

>Talking of old codgers, Nick Dastoor seems to be feeling his age all of a
> sudden doesn't he?

Oh dear, yes you're right.  What have I become?  That didn't come across very
well.  I think queasy is a bit of a stupid word to have used.  Tom Cox does like
new bands though.  It's just that they have to sound like they're 30 years old.
Cotton Mathur, anyone?

I like some current indie bands too.  But I can only think of a handful other
than Belle & Sebastian who are doing anything very vital.  Let me try and
explain things better.  What I don't like is the assumption that because you
think B&S are the bee's knees, you must be heavily into other current 'indie'
bands too.   I wish I could have followed Simon Reynolds
(http://members.aol.com/blissout/bio.htm) into his 'right, alternative music is
ossifying - I'm off to rave culture' re-invention.  But I'm not at home there
either.  I'm just an indie-kid plagued with self-contempt, that's all.  Ignore
me.

Nick xx