Sinister: C-O-N-T- ENT it's coming back it's coming back

Jennifer Phillips-Bacher mrsaudiac at xxx.com
Wed May 17 16:31:50 BST 2000

Sinister, I salute you!

What a load of fun you've all been these last few weeks, eh?  Now I remember
why I joined the list in the first place:  to talk about breakfast!  I mean,
the band of course.  Silly.

Two things:
Firstly, does anyone know who we can thank for 'Legal Man'?  There are no
song-writing credits to be found on the cd, it's all a big mystery.  A
mystery wrapped in a conundrum shrouded in...oh, however that goes.  Any
information to the usual address, thanks.  In regards to the extended
dickslap, I'll take it, yessum.  The non-extended (retracted?) version is
totally dancetastic, it could go on for many more minutes and I'd be quite
happy.

The always-factfilled and delicious Scott wrote:
I can actually see "Dick Slap" extended rather easily. It basically is three
distinct parts ("Weathershow"/Jean-Jacques Perrey chug; Motown/Philly Soul
bit; plaintive, piano-led bit)

Yes!  at the beginning of the song, I fully expect I.C. to chime in with
some nonsense about birds and trees and stuff.  Oh wait, Weathershow is the
one Gentle Waves song I like, isn't it?  Oh yeah.  Oops.  Sorry, Bel.

Secondly, thanks to those who have described the video for 'Legal Man'.  As
I was reading all about it, one of the attorneys who works at this here law
firm came into my library office to request use of the 3-hole punch.  In my
tired and caffeinated state, I imagined him, let's call him Bruce Braun, for
that is his christian name, dancing like a soul boy.  Well, at least it
amused me momentarily.  Then he broke my revelry by cursing loudly.  The
hole-punch is old and dull--in order to punch holes in anything more than 5
pages, one really must jump up and down, putting all body weight on the
wrists and palms just to make it work.  His exact words were "Piece of
S---!".  Eek!

Thanks to Scott for posting the Vanity Fair piece.  I think my favorite part
is: "Worshiping in the House of Unattainable Loveliness, they make pristine
melodies using trumpets, strings, even recorders, and sing about beautiful
young track stars, homesickness, and "Judy" who dreams about horses. "

What?? Even recorders!  Why I never!

Thanks for reading.  I owe you one.

I remain,
Jennifer Phillips-Bacher