Sinister: Insultate a kiss below there, where constellations ebb and flow there

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Wed May 17 21:04:53 BST 2000

In a message dated 5/17/00 7:27:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
paularathoon at hotmail.com writes:

<< His main thesis here is that the kids are finding "new and radical ways"
 fight against the "McFuture" and that all B&S do is write songs. >>

This reeks me of the big backlash against Dylan in the mid-60s, when he
pissed off all the folkies who thought he was next generation of protest
singers by going rock and roll.  They had an agenda for Bob which he didn't
buy into it, which, from what I'm hearing through you guys (cause UK mags are
hard to come by over here) is sort of what the press is holding against B&S.
I think its pretty ridiculous to hold a person's political leanings (or lack
there of) against them when their music has never been about that to begin
with.  Its not like they wrote "Killing In The Name Of" and followed it with
"Legal Man"...they wrote "Judy And the the Dream of Horses" and this guy is
upset that they're non-political?  What the hell?  Did he think Struan and
company were going to write "Ohio, Mach II" to commemorate the Seattle WTO
protests when the closest they've come to an indictment of anything political
has been "boo to the business world"?  Get the net!
I quite like Legal Man..."big time" as my Little League coach used to say.
It definitely sounds Mammas and Pappas-ish, but maybe I say that just because
of the backing vocals.  Didn't someone say along time ago that Stevie wrote
the song?  Also, to the person asking for lyrics, if you read the letter on
the right hand side of the insert, its more or less the lyrics that Stuart
and Stevie sing (although more dressed up).  The letter on the left bears
reference to "Loneliness..." and some problems the band were having with the
mix.  I still cannot see why that or Lord Anthony weren't on the single, but
I guess they have either bigger plans (hopefully) or no plans at all for
those two.  I silently pray for a B-side...
At the Elliott Smith show in DC the other day, the "Dog On Wheels" version of
The State I Am In was played over the house PA right as Elliott took the
stage.  That was pretty neat.  The next day, Tower Records was playing the
Tigermilk version of the same song...hmmm?
Does Ginko Biloba really work?  Being exam week, I've been taking my vitamins
for once and thats one of the ingredients.  It feels like its work.  I feel
like I could bend spoons with my mental powers or something, though I'd
settle for straight As (not likely)...a prayer for impressive marks across
our board...
Wouldn't it Be Nice?

Steve C.