Sinister: Vapour commercial

Steve Coppolo scoppolo at xxx.com
Thu May 18 03:54:47 BST 2000

used on one of those new beetle ads.  by the way, is the new vapor
commerical done by stereolab?  the song, not the advert, silly.

---------->  Unless I'm thinking of the wrong car commercial (.01% chance),
I'm sure that the band is Hooverphonic.  I have it playing right now, the
song with all of the funny beeping at the beginning.  It's called
"Renaissance Affair" off the album _Blue Wonder Power Milk_, which I
recommend to anybody who is into electropop.  Most of the stuff on the album
is roughly comparable to "Sleep the Clock Around."

Anyway, it seems that the people who make car commercials have been going
through my CD collection.  First they used Pizzicato Five, then they moved
into Gus Gus, then they used "How Soon is Now?" by the Smiths, and now
Hooverphonic.  Pretty soon we're going to get some Depeche mode or Cure in
SUV adds.  Oh well, I guess one must embrace capitalism if it's going to
choose good music.

l8r,
-Steve- mail to: scoppolo at hotmail.com or scoppolo at mail.colgate.edu