Sinister: And then it went boom...

Li ^..^ divadeathcat at xxx.com
Thu May 18 05:22:17 BST 2000

hello all :)
this is actually my first time posting anything here, so bear with me if i
bring about any stupid subjects or boredom and stuff. just remember, i'm a
beginner here!

well..i guess i should say some stuff about myself. first of all, my name is
Li (short for Lisa), i'm 16 years old and i live in NJ. (reading those last
lines, i'm realizing i sound like i'm on a game-show or something.)
i've been litsening to Belle & Sebastian for a while now, and i can not
express how much i love there music :)

i don't know too many people here who actually litsen to B & S except for 3
(including me), so not too much fun stuff goes on around here.
in fact, i really never realized how popular Belle & Sebastian were until i
was in this Old Navy clothing store. i was wearing a B&S t-shirt i got off
Jeepster and some girl stopped me and asked me if i'd know about Looper. Sad
to say..i haven't been able to find any of there music lately, but i'm
looking!

since i live in the USA (which i don't like too much.)
it's hard for me to find other B&S albums. I own: If Your Feeling Sinister,
Tigermilk, The Boy With The Arab Strap, Dog On Wheels (single), Lazy Line
Painter Jane (single), 3...6...9 Second Of Light (yet another single). are
these the only US releases? if so that makes me pretty sad.

also, i just read a post about how someone doesn't really like Isobelle's
voice. surprisingly, i didn't like it to much at first, but after a few
tunes got into my head durring the day, i now actually find her voice to be
extreamly relaxing. it's kind of funny i guess :)

also..i do a lot of artwork. some of which is inspired by B&S's music. i'm
hooking up a scanner next week, so i should have some to send out soon. :) i
DO have SOME artwork posted on a page (
http://member.xoom.com/atascosita/aphexxart.html )
but it's all just stuff i drew like..in the back of history
class...so..don't expect to see anything spactacular :P
i would like opinions on the artwork if anyone takes the time to look at it.
email me :) (divadeathcat at hotmail.com)

oh well..i've gota go. i have work tommorrow. i work at a children's program
and i help out with fingerpainting. :) when it's time for a bit of dancing,
i put on some Belle & Sebastian albums and the kids always stand around
doing the twists to the tunes :) it's great. a girl named Samantha calls B&S
"happy-time music" :)

and thats it for now! so i apologise if i've bored anyone, and if you've
fallen asleep, i'll work on my skills. but until i can think of some funner
things to say, see ya!

       yours,
         Li