Sinister: The New Album: Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy

Coldcolours at xxx.com Coldcolours at xxx.com
Thu May 18 19:49:23 BST 2000

Hello,

    Question: Which is a greater threat to the viability of this mailing
list, the perceived irrelevance of some of the posts, or the insults and
negativity of those who protest them?
    I personally would much rather read about the lives of B+S fans and their
attempts to reconcile to the band's new found popularity (?) than a hundred
and one reviews of the legal man video. This is a time of chaos/conflict for
all us self-proclaimed indie snobs (or just me :) ) who want to keep B+S
under the bed, so we can enjoy it exactly as we perceive it, and not have it
be spoiled by the indifference or misinterpretation of the "mainstream." I
find other fans' perspectives on this fascinating.
    To those who are annoyed by this list: you knew when you signed up that
it was not straight, low-volume content. You are killing the list as you
protest against its dying by insulting people and being rude.
    That's all I have to say about that. If you think I am mistaken about the
purpose of this list, then correct me. But nicely, please!
Joanna

PS Perhaps we are adopting premature opinions about the new album just so we
can have opinions? Maybe we shouldn't judge until we have weighed the
evidence carefully. Maybe we just shouldn't judge at all.