Sinister: Ad Nauseum

Jarrod San Angel sanangel22 at xxx.com
Thu May 18 22:45:31 BST 2000

Quick message, no heady discussion or elaborate arguments.

1. Thank You to ALL of You, meanies included, who sent me private messages
to state how they felt, and what Belle & Sebastian mean to them.I haven't
had such impassioned email since Lord Knows When..
2. If you've not heard the new album, and you don't plan to download any
clips or songs until the album is actually thrust upon the public, I've come
to agree, it just makes good sense to NOT read ANY review, until you've had
sufficient time to make up your own mind.
I direct this comment to ESPECIALLY those among us who are very, and I MEAN
VERY sensitive to this issue.  Not to poke fun, but one lad recently wrote
to me to say he felt "inferior" for not hearing any of the new album yet,
and that I should keep my reviews to myself.
If you don't care to know how one feels about the new release, DON'T READ
THE REVIEWS.  It's that simple.  For those of you who've heard some of the
new stuff, please, by all means, comment and comment away!
3. I thought it proper to formally introduce myself.  My name, as most of
you now well know, is Jarrod San Angel.  I'm 23, married to a wonderful lady
named Shermeen, living in Pasadena, Ca., and have listened to B&S since IYFS
first came out.  I love B&S with all my heart, and think only the best of
them.  Other musical interests include, naturally, The Smiths, Morrissey,
Momus, Beck, Looper, Smog, The Ladybug Transistor, Magnetic Fields, Cafe
Tacuba, Cesaria Evora, Marisa Monte, Edith Piaf, Madredeus, Aterciopelados,
Radiohead, REM, Pink Martini, Gene, Suede, The Cardigans, Luna, Portishead,
Morcheeba, Stereolab, and a whole hatful of indie bands, classical
composers, and world music.
Nice to meet y'all.

Jarrod San Angel