Sinister: Half Decent Idea At The End

ELZober at xxx.com ELZober at xxx.com
Fri May 19 07:46:10 BST 2000

back onto the subject of B&S and a new album, is anyone else kind of excited?

if you think back to how things started - how this was all some kind of fluke when Richard met Neil at college and Stuart put together this menagerie of people (taking a little artistic liscene there folks...) and the first album was made....

then they only played i think about seven or eight shows in total before IYFS came out.... they were something obscure, and frankly at times they were pretty shite - hey, some of you out there have seen them live when they were not at their best... :)

and now, it's almost like they're everywhere - even in a John Cusak film..... i don't think anyone, who was listening to them way back when, thought they would get "this far" in that their music would reach such a wide audience... i think it's a wonderful thing, because here are eight people who, if not for a billion things going right and wrong and every which way - would not have been in a band to start with.... and Sinister wouldn't exist and tons of people would still be walking around in cardie's... not talking to anyone and drinking pints of ale alone... now they're all a bunch of lager swilling Sinister hooligans - which, i'm told is quite the same as hooligans of the football variety.... - the cardies are worn with pride and here we are doing what Stuart did - we've seen the poetry of the world, of our own unique lives and we're out there, on this list, at college, at the pub, meeting loads of folk who think kinda like "we" do...

nearly 2000 people make up the "we"... so it sounds crap, but we listen to what everyone else has to say, we argue and we move out... then we come back... perhaps without Sinister we'd all have different cyber homes and nothing would be missed.. but i dont' think that's true for a lot of people...

perhaps i'm wrong... perhaps i'm not... perhaps this is the end of an era... Chandler and Monica are engaged... 90210 is off the air forever... (do twee people watch American telly?  ofcourse.... it's on Channel 4....)and now B&S have given the world an album they matured on, worked on, and gave to the world as a piece of who they are as muscians.... i think that's pretty fabulous....

so... perhaps we could start gathering parties - instead of picnics - listening parties in the different cities where Sinisterines are for when the new album comes out.... hey - we could have them at the same times in the same country - accounting for time zones and all... then go on line in a chat room and people at a party in Ireland could vitual chat with people at a party in London and so on... and in the states we could one in DC and Seattle and so on...

ok... perhaps that's a little far fetched... perhaps it seems a bit odd... it's just an idea....
oh, and woudln't that give the NME something to write about, eh?  obssess much?..... :)

elle