Sinister: Little House on the Prairie

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Fri May 19 13:27:07 BST 2000

Hello friends and Alisdair Cook,

My oh my it's a wonderful day. Apparently we have some insipid visitor's
coming down from Glasgow this weekend, so I should be tidying the house
and hoovering like the good housewife that I am. But, I can't be arsed
and they'll be too pissed to notice. So I might go shopping for tomatoes
instead or have a practice run through for the picnic by sitting on top
of Greenwich Hill reading Chekhov short stories. Which incidently are
bleedin' GRATE.

Talking of which those still confused by directions to said picnic and
Big Gay Mark. Well Big Gay Mark confuses me but in a different way.
Anyway, a few of us shall be meeting the 1:30 train at Maze Hill, which
leaves London Charing Cross at 1:12pm precisely. It's the Dartford via
Greenwich service. So then we can all walk up the hill together and talk
about urbanisation, my paranoia of modern surveillance systems, why my
diet is controlled by the person who does Iceland's 2 for the price of 1
offers and we'll still have time for a couple of cigarette breaks on the
way.

Sorry for those non-Londoners but I also said I would properly mention
2000 Troubled Teenagers on the list for one of the DJ's at Saturday
evenings extravaganza. It's a bit late and you all know already but here
goes:

Ummm... Saturday 20th May 8pm until 3am @ The Paradise Bar, 460 New
Cross Road, SE14 (corner of florence road). New Cross tube /rail. 20
mins from Charing Cross. £6 (!!?) entrance or £5 with a UB40, NUS card
or Belle & Sebastian T-shirt or badge. Pre-release plays of the new
album, ep, live B & S cover shennanigans etc. Bla bla...

Anyway, that's my Mercury bit done so I'll go out of orbit and say I saw
Tompaulin the other day who are a bit great and have a great single
Slender out in the next couple of weeks in the UK, well the song sounds
great live anyhow. The performance was only marred slightly by some
drunken twat, or even drunken Matt, talking continually during the
performance. Bless his little cottons. I would heartily recommend the
gorgeous new Clientele single too as I seem to have worn mine out in two
weeks, which is kind of warming me to CD's as I'll have to buy it again,
but now I'm just listing bands and lists are to be seen and not heard.
Right kids?

Has anyone else thought of taking up the language Volapuk? As it would
be silly if I had no one to talk to.

Te ra,

Martin