Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V4 #150

ByTheSea6 at xxx.com ByTheSea6 at xxx.com
Fri May 19 17:20:19 BST 2000

<< To paraphrase John Sebastian of The Lovin' Spoonful -- artists haven't been
 that astute in making political statements in the past, so why should they
 start now?  I don't listen to a lot of overtly political bands (Atari
 Teenage Riot being an exception), and I'm not a very political person >>

 John Sebastian may never have been very good at making political statements,
rather he was good at making a boatload of money which is probably invested
in various pharmaceuitcal companies or Boing at this point....I guess John
was down on the beach working out harmonies and tans while others were
opening eyes and ears to Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll or Masters of War.
There's politics in most things beautiful; if The Chalet Lines isn't a
sorrowful commentary on some of society's deeper plaguing issues, I don't
know what is.
n.