Sinister: Dance til you drop, then dance a little more, baby!

Jason Andreas jasonandreas at xxx.net
Sun May 21 11:05:56 BST 2000

Hi twee majority,

I have no idea where the subject line came from, but *I* like it <grin>

*PIC-INIC BASKETS*

I assume that the London picnic went brilliantly as they always seem to
*sob*. I'm sure *sniff* that I'll have loads of *whimper* first-hand
accounts of all the fun I missed *breaks down into tears*.
I want as many of you people as possible to come to the Edinburgh picnic,
just to show me what I missed out on. I'm guessing that most of what I
missed out on was alcohol-related, but I could be wrong... <grin>

*ARTY FARTY*

Went along to the Art School in Glasgow last night for the first tmie in
*ages*. I got the Divine DJ to play Legal Man *twice* and I bopped along
like a mad bugger <grin> That is one song that is positively *made* to be
played as loudly as possible and have arms, legs, feet, hands and heads
swung wildly to. Even asses, probably. I even got in a wee bit of "Hi, I'm
Isobel and I swim in midair" dancing <grin> Isobel, if you're reading this,
I love you really, and you're as cute as buttons and stuff, but the dancing
needs just a *tiny* amount of life, eh? <grin>

I was also delighted to recieve a promo CD copy of Legal Man (only one
track, but it's better than nothing. It'll be stuck to my wall on monday
when I get the proper release)

*JUDY HAS A DOG-NAP*

I honestly cannot build up a picture of Dick Slap in my head. I'm hoping
it's not too Looper-ish. Don't get me wrong, I like Looper, but they're not
B&S, you know?

Why does every other country except the UK seem to be able to buy Legal Man
in the shops? That's a wee bit unfair on the wee twee Brits, innit? Careful,
Jeepsteroids, you may be pushing people towards *gasp* *scream* MP3s!!!!!
<grin>

I wonder when Jeepster will sue Napster.....

*THE OTHER BANDS*

Lawrence "Goth" Mikkelsen said:

>Someone on the Jeepster notice board is looking for someone to accompany
>them to a Coldplay/Slipknot gig. Which kinda makes me think that Belle and
>Sebastian's appeal is spreading. To me liking those bands is almost like
>subscribing to both Satanism AND Christianity, or being at once matter and
>anti-matter. The musical philosophies seem so far apart as to be
>irreconsilable.

Sheesh. I thought I was pretty far off with my love of Rage Against The
Machine and the Wu-Tang Clan, but I suppose Slipknot *just* beats that.
<grin>

*AND YOU WILL BLOW US BY THE SCENTED HEAD*

I finally head a track by And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead (try
typing that three times fast <grin>) and I like. Anyone out there know if
they have an album (cos I can never find anything by them in the shops) and
if it's worth buying?

*SINISTER T-SHIRTS*

This is a message to all of you who have mailed me off-list (I'm sorry I
couldn't reply in person to you all) about the creation etc. of Sinister
t-shirts. I'm afraid that the idea is a bit of a non-starter, for reasons I
probably shouldn't go into on the list. Let us say that a powerful force in
this universe would prefer it if they failed to exist. I don't know what the
force's opinion is on people making their own, but I'm hoping this will be
clarified. Sorry to everyone who's hopes I raised only to cruelly dash.

*BIG UPS*

A big shout out to Amy Jackson from somewhere unpronouncable up-north <grin>
for being patient with me when I lost my voice in the middle of a phone
conversation. *croak* Thanks Amy <grin>

*A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO ALL THE NON-RADIOHEAD FANS IN #SINISTER WHO KEEP
HARASSING ME*

"You go to Hell! You go to Hell and you die!!!" <grin>

I'm probably going to get a bit of a slap on the wrist for that one, but I
felt it needed saying <grins>

I'm not insane, just sanity-impaired.

Watching pendulums is a great way to pass the last minute until the 15
required. Maybe Honey is the Legal Man in the song....

"I run the mailing list that you could reasonably require..."

Bubye everybody, bubye.....

--Jason Andreas

If nice guys finish last, then I'll never finish at all...

ICQ: 45821217  AIM: RadioJase