Sinister: Legal Man will sound good in the sun

Mr Smiley smiley at xxx.uk
Mon May 22 10:27:57 BST 2000

Hi,

    OK so I'm pretty sure I was the first (only?) person in Worksop to buy
Legal Man. It was 10 past 9, when I got there, but I had to do my hair first
you know. It takes a lot of time and gel to get it to look like I've just
got out of bed. I suppose over the coming week we'll all have to endure lots
of people saying "I bought Legal Man, it's great!!", so I don't see why I
should be any different. Legal Man: My least fave on the single, but it gets
better every time I play it (and considering that the EP is on repeat play
it should be a classic by lunchtime) I wish I could remember what the
Eurotrash theme sounds like. JIADS: It's very good, although I don't think
it *should* be extended. Because that would be boring (what with it being an
instrumental). It does sound like it's come from a Velvet Underground
rarities disc. Winter Wooksie: Is the best track here. Lovely.

    Right that's that over with. Now I'm going to talk about my life to
stretch this out a bit. Hmm, well I have my first exam tomorrow, so I
shouldn't be writing this should I? [Mike gets worried]. Oh yeah, and today
a letter came for my dad, well it was addressed to the exors of my deceased
granddad, about sorting out said granddad's gas bill. On the front of the
envelope it said "Say farewell to the standing charge - it's the last time
you'll see it", which strikes me as a silly thing to put on an envelope
you're going to send to the relatives of a deceased customer.

    Well, I'm on the second play of JIADS since I sat down, so I guess that
must be about 15 minutes.

Platonic hugs,
Mike
ICQ: 73775341