Sinister: Exam stress. Its my own fault really.

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Mon May 22 11:14:52 BST 2000

Been listening to B+S all weekend. Its the only thing
that I can use to take my frazzled little brain off
the thought of the year... Ex-ams.

Well,
 Nice to know I'm not going to be alone when I have to
resit my exams. I haven't even taken them yet, but I
fear I might be doing resits.

Why oh why oh why did I choose this daft subject? I
never really liked foreign languages.

Well, at least I know I don't want to do anything more
with languages when I graduate!

If any of you don't know, I'm doing Norwegian.

And tomorrow is the first exam. A scary nasty
exam,scarier than listening to Mogwai, after watching
a horror film in your house, on your own, where things
go bump in the dark and you're in bed.
 I have to translate Norwegian (50% mark cos its my
honours language) Danish and Swedish (25% of the mark
each) into English.

All I know, is its going to take three hours, and that
I don't get a dictionary, and that its based on
detective novels.

Its quite a daunting thought, and my stomach is
churning like a washing machine on spin.

I don't really know where to begin with revision for
it either.

I am dreading it. I really am. I feel like a lamb to
the slaughter.

What if it all goes wrong? do I start wibbling my lips
and stick my pencil up my nose and plead insanity? No
theres a thought....

What if I don't pass? Its too scary to think about.
What the hell was I thinking when I sent in that UCAS
form all those years ago? I need to pass. I really do.
I have one more year left at uni, and I so want to get
out, with a little dignity intact and a degree. I
don't care right now what grade it is. Afterall, my
main concern isn't involving a job with languages. I
think I fancy a job where I can speak, talk and write
English. I've been studying languages since I was 12.
I'm 21 now. Time for a break from it.

And don't even think of giving me support. I really am
very very crap at languages.

Still, at least its not Nynorsk (Norways other
official lanaguage, spoken by a minority...), or
synomynynynyns.

And god, am I panicking.

After this, everything else is easy.

Welfare state of Scandinavia? a cinch. The UN and Nato
in Scandinavia? easy as pie. The second World War in
Norway? pah! The language and the press ideology, of
them and us? do it in my sleep.

Meanwhile, studying isn't quite going as planned.

Ended up playing my guitar instead, and played it over
the phone to a friend in Cardiff, at which point he
said it was very good, (ahh!) and we decided to form a
band. How we shall reherse over the phone, I do not
know. But we swapped chords and things, and hes
working on my ideas, and when I feel ready, I might do
the same with his.

who knows?

Got a name too. After my second favourite chocolate
bar.

Fir Klover.

Its all one word, but I didn't want any sniggers from
you at the back (and you Honey! no protesting
innocense!) calling it Firk lover.

Oh, bliemy, this is all too much.

Love,
Idles.