Sinister: Poetry and music and some laughs

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon May 22 12:22:14 BST 2000

Oooooh, my aching thighs...

*steve makes a mental note "never ever attempt to play football again"

I should have realised when i was gasping for breath by the time i got to
the top of greenwich hill (groan, yes another picnic post) that footy was
out of the question, but a few cans of john smiths can do strange things to
a young boy's sense of judgement.

Anyway a lovely time was had by all, as you may have gathered, nice to meet
friends, just as nice to make new ones.

So on we eventually went to 2000 troubled teenagers, which was ACE.  Unlike
some of these city folk with their fancy "indie discos", some of us very
rarely get to hear our fave band played through large speakers and certainly
not every four or five songs.  This may go some way to explaining my
somewhat exuberant dancing, or it could be that i was as pissed as a fart,
you decide.  However, it goes no way to explaining why i was slow dancing
with a particular (male) list member who will remain nameless (but still
very obviously gay and crap at pool :))

i do have some photos but i haven't quite finished the film, so it may be
some time until they see the light of day (although following the first line
of this post I'll have to use some of it up taking pics of my thighs).

I also claim the record for sleeping with the most sinisterines at once.
I'm not quite sure how many of us were in martin, matt, geoff and rich's
lounge (thank you once again for your hospitality gentlemen), or, in fact,
how many of us actually got any sleep, but it was at least 7 or 8.

Well, as i've been asleep almost constantly since i got back, i haven't
really got any more news, except that mrs carsmile reckons Struan looks like
"a young Steve McQueen" in the Legal Man vid.  And the new album is
definately a grower, and good for listening to on buses, inevitably.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve