Sinister: Just a little public service announcement

Grace Howarth sugarbum1 at xxx.com
Mon May 22 16:43:24 BST 2000

Greetings,
I've just rung Leeds City Varieties and they've confirmed that Gorky's
aren't playing tonight, or indeed for the rest of the tour.It says as much
on nme.com and has been posted on other webrings but i thought i'd check
you'd got the message but I thought it was worth finding out from the venue
knowing the general unreliability of nme.com journalists.

Apparently it's being postponed until mid-July, with all bought tickets
still usable. At least they've got a proper excuse: Norman Blake's daughter
is in hospital after a car crash; none of the promotional commitments crap
we usually get fed when a band don't sell enough tickets.

Still, just in the hope of catching a few people before they set off with a
general gorky's anticipation in their hearts only to be turned away by a
cleaning lady who thinks you are looking for a mad primate.

Apart from that disappointment i have had a lovely day sat in my garden
listening to Legal Man. It made me very happy and I had to be calmed down
with a glass of orange squash and a digestive biscuit, both of which are
always guaranteed to dampen the spirits. I maintain the belief that
digestives are the creation of evil scientists to see if we will eat dog
food if it is marketed as a human product. Which means I can never eat one
without imagining a bearded professor sat in a room chortling away at the
sick joke he has played on society.

But the music was great and I love Judy.. more than legal Man itself. It is
on 'repeat this track'on my stereo, which I know is not sensible in the
longrun as the novelty is completely lost, but it's very nice for the
moment.

Cheerio
Grace

And she spent the rest of the day separating the bits from the marmalade,
or, if you prefer, the marmalade from the bits.