Sinister: my voice!

sophie watkinson sophie at xxx.uk
Mon May 22 18:55:05 BST 2000

phew. i've been waiting with eager anticipation for *weeks* now for
exceptance into the wierd and wonderful world of sinister. i had all of
these really cool things to say about all the debates that have been
going on. but now that i've been "given my voice", i also seem to have
"lost it", in the sense that i can't think of anything witty which might
endear me to you. because i'm *so* desperate to be liked that my palms
are sweating and my brain is hurting. only *i* could get embarrassed
over the net. <blush>
okeedoke. my names sophie, ive got my first a level exam tommorow. eek.
should really be revising about injection moulding for my design exam.
im a bit sad about leaving school. after years of being confined to the
solitary corner of the diner hall with my marmite and alf-alfa
sandwiches i'm only just starting to enjoy the idea of being a teenage
freak. and other people are only just starting to except me as a person,
not a geek.  the other day, however, i did read someone's nomination
form for our leaving ball prizes. someone had created a catorgary just
for me: most wanna-be indie person: sophie.
i wasn't insulted. the person who wrote it quotes oasis, ocs and the
stereophonics as their favourite bands.
and don't you just HATE the word 'indie'.
i don't quite know what makes me a 'wanna-be'.

well, i hope i can be excepted into the land of sinister. i used to be
quite a big part of another mailing list/fandom but as the band got
bigger, things got far too bitchy and so i left. like if you haven't
slept with the lead singer and haven't got the first single ltd release
on vinyl then you're not a *true* fan.  i like the sound of sinister
tho. the word twee comes to mind............................hehe! only
joking!

and about the nme thang: i suggest we all email angst tonite to ask
whether or not that tony robinson who did last weeks angst is gay simon
from eastenders or not.

love

sophie

xxx