Sinister: A movement in your brain sends you out into the rain.

Iain Radcliffe iaradcliffe at xxx.com
Mon May 22 20:20:35 BST 2000

Hey kidlets,
A few thoughts in no coherent order for no reason other than I wanted to
post on Legal Man release day. Just to be controversial, I reckon the
titular track is actually the best, although both JIADS and WW are grate and
no track is in a similar style!
As someone once said, it's a pity that JIADS is not a sequel song with
lyrics detailing Judy's graduation from doing it with a boy when she was
young and having equine reveries to slapping men called Richard.

Lucy Alder and her Meerschweinchen. I have to concur, but would like to
throw a "Schraubenschlussel" into the works (or a Spaniard if you're John
Lennon).
Lucy, you name makes me think of trees for some reason, are you willowy and
sylph-like at all?
River Man by Nick Drake makes me think of Old Man Willow in Lord of the
Rings, and in fact ND would make a grate soundtrack to Tolkien, especially
in the forest scenes.
But there's also a Bad Alder with a black heart in the old
forest...(circular and irrelevant tree digression.)
But the Maisonettes are quite pleasing to the eye. (end of content).

Right, next victim. Robert "Cat" Smith - glad to hear of your goalkeeping
prowess, but since you're a renowned sexual gymnast can we call you Robert
"Love Cat" Smith..."into the sea, you and me"

Jenowl - can we come en masse and batter the people at your school who
desecrate the badges of our clan ? That's like fucking with the Royal Mint
(a polo no less). How can they pick on someone so nice and bright ?
Imagine how scared of the cardigan sporting Sinister folks they'd be. They
all know we're hard 'cos they've seen us drinking from noon until noon
again.
(I don't wear cardies or anything shiny/sparkly, I'm thinking I might not be
die-hard enough).

Looking forward to the Embra picnic, I might try to rustle up an acoustic
guitar and a nice pair of bongos (ooerr!) but we should have a footie as
well like those Lahndan types. After meeting at the Scott Monument, can we
repair to the other garden ie. the non-putting green one, 'cos it's nicer -
more flowers and pompous statues looking foolish with gulls atop their
bonces.
Bring as many instruments (however small and outlandish)and booze (see
previous parenthesis) as poss.
God you're bored of me by now,
Cheers folks,
A very merry Jarvis to youse all, ken ?
xxx
P.S. Sorry to hear of the imminent departure of The Narrow Wizard. I've only
been here a few weeks and his posts were tip-top. I liked his footnote as
well - where's it from ?