Sinister: Belle and Sebastian | Kathryn Williams | Cat Power

Tony Charles Green rarepleasures at xxx.net
Mon May 22 11:52:44 BST 2000

RIOT ON
Belle and Sebastian have added their support to anti-capitalist protesters who
hit London on May Day according to the crunch bunch...
http://www.crunch.co.uk/news/2000/alt/05/18_belleseb_anticap_t.shtml

photos of the press conference:
http://www.crunch.co.uk/news/2000/alt/05/belleseb/1.shtml

LITTLE BLACK NUMBERS
Kathryn Williams' new album is supposedly very good. While I can't make out
the Belle and Sebastian or Nick Drake comparisons that the press pitch into
very profile of her (including this weekends Telegraph) , her voice is
sublime. I tell people to try and imagine crystal spring water tumbling
through alpine air and her live cover of Leonard Cohens "Hallelujah" always
gives me goosebumps.

GRAND DAY OUT
Lovers of the lo-fi likes of Smog might like to listen to SAVOY GRAND. Their
Dirty Pillows EP is a great little intro to them. Love the sideburns too
chaps.

T.

Tony  Green
rare pleasures