Sinister: "I once had a dream so I packed up and split for the city...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue May 23 04:59:16 BST 2000

...I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty"

Inspired by Youn's last post, and since I have a bit of money coming my way,
I was thinking about delving into the Kraftwerk catalogue...any ideas where
to start?  Email me privately if'n you've any tips.
Speaking of money and capitalism, I'm gearing up to have it out the money
establishment (read: my old boss) about being re-hired at my old record store
at a higher pay.  I've been reading Marx and Engels and Woody Guthrie all
spring so I'm quite primed to enter into an ideological debate on the
rightness of my cause; however it'll probably go something like this:

Me: Greg, I want to come back to work here, but since I now have a car
payment to make I need more money.  It's not morally correct for this company
to make so much profit yet leave its employees in such abject poverty.  Where
does this money go, and doesn't my hard-working approach to salesman ship
ensure these profits continue to come in (and increase yearly)?  [growing
slight louder, less composed, voice beginning to crack] Why am I not entitled
to more money than the owner who merely fills out forms and smokes weed for a
living?  Last time he came here he locked his keys in his car!  I'm on the
firing line selling Cds like they're going out of style...FOR MINIMUM WAGE!
I CAN'T BUY A BREAK FOR THIS FUCKING WAGE!!!  I WON'T SETTLE FOR THAT!  HAVE
YOU EVER BEEN MADE TO HAWK HANSON'S BACK CATALOGUE TO 40-YEAR OLD GUYS
WEARING BRITNEY SPEARS TEES FOR POCKET CHANGE?!  IN THE INTEREST OF
RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE INTEREST OF EVOLUTION, IN THE INTEREST OF MANKIND, YOU
SHOULD FEEL OBLIGATED TO...

Greg: Fuck you...no.

Me: :ahem:..When do I start?

I hope it goes slightly better than that, but we'll see.  I have confidence
and righteousness on my side, so I better act fast before it dries up in my
summertime apathy.
Sorry to see Erica go, but she really left in a nice way.  If a girl were to
ever leave you in the night, I'd like for her parting line to be "I'm leaving
because I can't stay."  That way, its at least poetic as opposed to "I can't
stand your stank ass anymore...go to hell."  That takes the mystery out of it
all...in a very painful fashion I might add.  So cheers Erica for exiting
with class and poetry...
What the fuck has happened to Keifer Sutherland?  This man kick too much ass
to just disappear like he has.
To all who finished exams this weekend...let the good times roll.  Summer
hath reared its drunken head...off to celebrate

Steve C.