Sinister: Is This The Way The Future's Meant To Feel?

Vicki Rider vrider at xxx.net
Tue May 23 05:37:02 BST 2000

Hello--

Yet another fresh-faced kid just arrived from the nursery, so before I begin
telling you one of the great injustices of living in Phoenix some basic info
about myself.-> My name is Rachel, and I discovered B+S a little over a year
ago (all you old timers pipe down), after my sister (starving artist in NYC
type) reccommended TBWTAS to me. I fell in love with the title track and
since then I've been smitten. I'm in high school, my first day of exams was
today but they were pretty relaxed and groovy so I'm grateful.

    My favorite track off the new Looper album is "Puddle Monkey"--I wish it
was longer. I just saw Stereolab on Saturday and they were fabulous; and
Looper w/ The Flaming Lips on April 1, which was beyond superb--I'm still
picking confetti out of my clothing. I also enjoy the music of Blur (because
they realized they were s***ing out so they released 13), The Velvet
Underground (because Waldo Jeffers had reached his limit), and The Smiths
(of course!!), to name a few. The Trial is my favorite movie, because in it
Tony Perkins looks like a frightened spider monkey.

The great injustice of living in the Phoenix area--Legal Man isn't out until
Friday!! :-((
That and the fact that it was 109 degrees today.

Has anyone noticed that:
* At certain times (especially when singing the chorus), Stuart M sounds a
little like Nico?
* The titles to B+S albums are getting longer? ( 1 word, 4 words, 6 words, 9
words)
* Mike Love really is the devil?

Another thought that's keeping me awake--> "Is Morrissey lonely?" I keep
picturing him in some giant echo-y house in LA, wandering from room to room
and finally getting bored and switching on his big screen TV, a tear
trickling down his eye because this is the third day in a row nobody's
phoned him.

Maybe it's just me. But I think I need to go find a handkercheif
anyway..........

(sorry this post was longer than intended, and not as B+S related as it
could've been. I'll try harder next time.)
Ciao!
Rachel W. :-)

"I talk to myself a lot but it bothers people because I use a megaphone."