Sinister: Consumer Monkey

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Tue May 23 12:52:31 BST 2000

Hello

Full time jobs don't leave much time for shopping
unfortunately so Legal Man is not yet in my grubby
paws.  All the positive vibes about the single are
making me drool uncontrollably so I hope I get hold of
it before it sells out - oh hang on we established B&S
wouldn't do that didn't we... (half-hearted rim shot..
muted laughter)

Nothing to say about the NME article.  I've not read
it since they started employing five-year olds to
write the thing anyway.

...the lovely Laura Llew stepped up to the mike,
paused to absorb the applause of the crowd and sang:

"I have decided to become the List Enigma..."

I spent a couple of years as an enigma.  It's great if
you're in a band but doesn't score you many points in
job interviews or exams.  Unless you meant you were
going to be a WWII encryption machine in which case it
would be even worse if it took half an hour to decode
everything you said.

...Rachel grabbed the mike, looked the crowd in every
single one of its eyes and said:

"Another thought that's keeping me awake--> "Is
Morrissey lonely?" I keep picturing him in some giant
echo-y house in LA, wandering from room to room
and finally getting bored and switching on his big
screen TV, a tear trickling down his eye because this
is the third day in a row nobody's phoned him."

That's funny, I keep picturing Morrissey getting a
load of mates round his house, sinking a few beers,
watching the porn channels on cable and tucking into a
nice juicy steak saying "Mmmm... meat is marvellous"

Sorry.

Robster