Sinister: Charlton Heston's gun-themed restaurant

Mark at xxx.com Mark at xxx.com
Tue May 23 11:29:00 BST 2000

Darling sinister,

Here's a tuppence-coloured postlet from the wastes of post-picnic banality
(am I sounding like Steady Mike yet?).

Legal Man is a wee gem, isn't it? I think its tops, and will be number
ELEVEN in the UK charts come Sunday. I personally guarantee it. EGADS is a
trickier bunch of grapes. I had to give it the "would I buy this if it was
on the radio by some band I'd never heard of?" treatment, and thanks to my
love for early Stereolab (Lo Boob Oscillator anyone?), yes I would. I would
even buy it if it were by Muse, who Steven Wells thinks are the future of
music. So no complaints there.

Winter Whoopsie, however - well, it's nice, but... Stevie is turning into a
grown-up songwriter, but StuD, bless him, can't really manage it. Snippets,
yes, concept albums, better than most, but I'm coming round to Miss Vicky's
argument that anyone who's allowed a solo career shouldn't get mediocre
songs on records by BELLE AND SEBASTIAN. I'm not crying over the demise of
Paper Boat - perhaps that'll be on Anthology II...

/me tussles with ree. ree wins with a technical knockout. /me needs someone
to dab his wounds.

For what it's worth, I bought Legal Man in HMV yesterday and both the new
release shelves and the regular B&S section were almost out of the CD. This
is a good thing. I hope.

Can people stop mentioning the 15 minute thing? It was an arbitrary choice -
just think about what you're writing and it'll be fine. Va ben'?

I also have a sinister t-shirt suggestion. If you want one, why not make one
yourself? I have an awful feeling that sinister's detractors would have a
field day with us all lumbering round in identikit shirts. When I were a
lad, etc., my fellow faith healers fans and I used to make our own
ridiculous amateur shirts with that sort of gluey fabric pen stuff - anyone
with a modicum of imagination would come up with something special. Nowadays
we've all got computers anyway, so it's hardly difficult, but it's such a
good opportunity to expel your creative juices. Hmmm.

Anyone sinistah going to the Magnetic Fields on the 25th July in London?
Tickets still available (as of yesterday, anyway) - come and meet list
doyenne Starry Sarah, willowy and sylph-like ladylike Lucy, the divine miss
V and big gay me. I want to go to the Edinburgh picnic <pout>

Laura Llew, why are you harassing me? What is it about my arse? Is it too
big? I knew it was too big!

Rachel W. said:

"Waldo Jeffers had reached his limit"

And thereby became my nomination for listee of the year. God, I'd forgotten
how good that song is! "it was now late August, and all he had to show for
it were three dog-eared letters and two very expensive long distance phone
calls". Is that right? Ooh! Yes it's self-indulgent, but hell, if the
unashamed love of great music is self-indulgent, then I'm going to indulge.
Myself. Um.

Rachel also said that Stuart sounds like Nico. Well, on <insert name here
because I'm crap and have forgotten>'s tape tree tape there's a Nico song
with, spookily, the chorus from "If you're feeling sinister". Can anyone
tell me what this song is? My favourite thing about Nico is the way she says
clown as claun (imagine German accent).

London picnic was fun. Liz Daplyn was there, how could it have been anything
else. No courgettes though. Christ, I'm shit at football. Not bad at pole
dancing, though.

Mark xxx

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 020 7224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org