Sinister: a really short one, I'm afraid

marc_bloomfield at xxx.org marc_bloomfield at xxx.org
Tue May 23 17:01:02 BST 2000

Hello all,

I'm afraid this is another one about Saturday's festivities. I didn't
speak to many people due to my unfortunate shyness and lack of Dutch
courage, despite a third of a bottle of vodka, but, suffice to say,
everyone I did speak to was lovely and friendly.

As far as 2000TT goes, well, I loved it, despite the obligatory evening
hangover from the afternoon's warm vodka. The record is fantastic
(yay!), Florence won lots of stuff, and it brought a lump to my throat
and a tear to my eye to see a floor full of people dancing to 'Shoulder
Pads' by The Fall (talking of which, are there any Sinisterines going
to see The Fall at the LA2 whenever it is?)

I'm told the new album is top, but I'll have to wait 'til it comes out
and hope I still have enough money to buy it with by then.

Further thoughts, I'm afraid, on Legal Man. I love it, although it
doesn't really sound like B&S at all (well, not old style, anyway). I
disagree with Nick Dastoor about it being retro - well, maybe it is,
but gentle acoustic pop is hardly a new thing either, it it? I'm not
sure what the fuss about 'Dick Slap' is about. It's good, but it sounds
like a B-side, whereas before all the songs on the EPs could've been
A-sides. I imagine a lot of people will disagree, but I thought it was
a bit disappointing. And I haven't heard the CD single yet, as I can't
get to the shops (and I haven't got any money 'til Friday - roll on
payday). Still, it's definitely worth having, and who knows, maybe
we'll see a TOTP performance yet (here's hoping).

Ah well, I think that's me lot for now.

Cheery bye,

Marc.