Sinister: ho hum

sophie watkinson sophie at xxx.uk
Tue May 23 20:28:48 BST 2000

this is my second post.
but maybe we could treat it as my first?
becasue i didn't get a chance to finish properly last time becasue my
dad needed the computer.
and incase you haven't noticed i have severe difficulty in typing the
word becasue. because even.

i have to confess my sins.
i only got into b&s because of something very narrow minded. i fell in
love with someone who loved them. so i thought it would only be right if
i loved b&s too. even if said person didn't love me.  <does that make
*any* sense at all?>
so i made my unsuspecting lil' sister buy tbwtas (she's always richer
then me!)
and instantly fell in love, of course. and the wierd thing is that the
whole album made me forget all about my heart which had been broken by a
belle and sebastian fan, and made me remember the love and happiness
that life can bring if you just let it in (oh dear, how tacky!!!!)

my least favourite album is iyfs and i get the impression i might be in
the minority when i say that?!?
as a stand alone album it is, of course, pretty damn good, but when
theres a choice between that or tigermilk it's gotta be the latter, and
when tigermilk becomes tiresome, which isn't very often, tbwtas always
kicks in. so it's not until i've tired of both the others that iyfs gets
a listen by which point im in need of a tea and biscuit break anyway.

i got to talk about b&s in an exam today. it was only general studies,
but still, i thought it was quite a skill. i had to write an essay about
the effect of music upon society or summat, using personal experience as
examples, so i wrote a load of gushy stuff about a sense of belonging
etc etc. but it certainly spiced up what was otherwise a boring three
hours.

i also had my design exam today which was very boring too. so now im
very tired and must go to sleep.

i haven't even been able to buy lego man yet cuz i was revising.

love

sophie

"Happy. Barefooted, wild-haired, singing, swigging wine, spitting,
jumping, running - that's the way to live."  *Jack Kerouac - beckoning
with open arms*

on another note: me and aforementioned lil' sis went to the bridge at
the top of my road the other night to escape a domestic arguement and
ended up spitting on cars as they went under on the bypass. and it was
so funny that a couple of days later i got my friends wasted then re-
introduced them to the pleasures of being a young tear-away. if anyone's
after a bit of light relief, i most certainly recommend it!!