Sinister:carnauba bees (Another new'un and Looper in northhampton)

nikko Poiccard nikko at xxx.com
Tue May 23 21:16:00 BST 2000

Hello scary boys and girls,

I have been out of the nursery for what seems like years, but is only about
six months, so I won’t give the, I’ve just got out of the nursery blurb
because it doesn’t apply (saying that is even more tw**, I realise now).
Anyway, somewhat intimidated by the glorious prose that flows from some of
your veins I shall keep this short so as not to offend with dreary syntax or
unenlightening musings.  A brief description of me is not in order so I will
add one anyway.

SKIP THIS IF YOU HAVE SENSE (INTRODUCTION)
I live in Bucks (I’d like to say stockholme (sic) or warsaw, just to
impress, but I can’t lie very well) but escape to london when I can.  I was
introduced to B&S by the black session recording and have been dysfunctional
ever since.  Favorite bands = smiths, tindersticks, B&S, Leonard Cohen, Arab
Strap, sonic youth, Smog, Godspeed, beach boys, slint and of course steps,
who were robbed at the brits.  I’ll stop now as I can tell I am boring the
more frivolous sections of the community.

LEGAL MAN
Am I the only person who thinks that Legal man sounds a bit like bananarama
(which is no bad thing), only everybody I tell looks at me for slightly too
long afterwards.  I love the song by the way, and what I saw of the video
(re “them catz was trying to kill me, man”) made me shiver -  I suppose it’s
just seeing Bel dancing  and Struan looking kind of insecure (glorious hair
though) that did it, they must have been nervous doing their first act as
pop stars.

LOOPER ON TOUR
I am rather excited as I will be seeing looper in northampton on the 9th
june and cannot wait to see whether Stu D has shaved or washed or anything.
I hope this is not list abuse seeing as he did used to be in B&S and he is
so cute and cuddly that he can get away with it.  Anyway, I expect there
must be some sinisterians who are going, so if there are we could meet up
and compare the shinyness of our upside down badges.  Unfortunately mine
will be a dennis and gnasher one as I pinned my b&s one along with my elvis
one to the knees on my cords, only to find that they had been torn of by a
small child with very good taste in music.  Well they got lost somehow, but
if you are going email me, to cheer me up a bit.

I am not sure if that took 15 minutes to write as there is no clock here,
and my concept of time vanishes on frequent occassions.  I am sure I shall
post again in another six months with something witty to remark upon but for
now
Tara :)
will bowe (ignore silly name - it's a nouvelle vague thing)
nikko at rome.com