Sinister: The Miller, His Son and Their Ass

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Wed May 24 02:14:50 BST 2000

Hello people,

I thought the end of the world was nigh when I heard the distressing
news that Noel had left Oasis and was not to return. What other raison
d'etre could I have? But then I was reminded that Status Quo are about
to go on tour and once again every cloud has a silver lining and I
wasn't quite so down, down anymore.

As for this Belle & Sebastian band I agree with everyone, even that Nick
Dastoor geezer, but I like Legal Man loads and glad it's been released
and glad it's not on the album as I'm sure it would get my goat when I
was in the mood for the other songs on there. And I've already had
enough trouble with legal men and my goat. We're just good friends.
Honest...

And as for one of our more prominent tranvestite scarlet nail varnished
list members being our only footballing talent, apart from that lucky
keeper Robert Smudger, I'm afraid we are indeed all crap. But we foul
like demons and dig out results a bit like The Wombles of old. Bagsie
I'm Tomsk though, as he's my hero. He knew that berk Lee's phenominalism
was just the feeling you get when you collect shiny things on common's.
I don't care what Orinoco says. I really don't... Talking of being
ignorant I went to the Tate Modern art gallery and made the mistake of
emailing a friend about it, who then gave me a review of the whole
bleedin' place and has now asked me what I liked. Am I gonna seem stupid
if I said I like the shiny ones? Ho hum... Actually I did like the video
of Gilbert and George just standing there, one smoking a fag
occassionally. Much better than this Legal Man video nonsense I've been
hearing about it. Keep it simple. Like Jim Rockford's files are, all
ordered alphabetically and everything.

Big Gay Ally also mentioned that he was interviewed for some radio
station. I was also questioned after I inquired why they were sticking
their microphone over my head while I was having a conversation with an
acquaintance, I should have done a Liam and grabbed and stomped on their
recording equipment. So if you want to hear my detailed eloquent
theories such as "you're my best mate you are, no it's not the drink
talking, you really are" just tune in... Actually don't as they asked
questions like "do you think B&S are selling out", to which I replied
"hmmm... interesting question..." whilst laughing. Surprisingly, it was
quite a short interview... And also you'd have to go to the Sheffield
area to hear it, which has the museum of pap you know.

Oh what a day I've had. I nearly left the house once but thought better
of it. Right I've just stopped my stopwatch and this post has taken me
67 hours to write, mainly because I've had to translate it from Volapuk
first.

Te ra,

Martin

P.S The Relict and Camera Obscura are grate. I just thought I'd mention
that, no reason. The latter of which are on some tape that's on it's way
to somewhere called sweetbread or something like that.

P.P.S I saw that Poetry Parrot down the pub the other day pissed as a
newt. Which was quite confusing as his mate the Neoplatonist Newt, who
couldn't handle his ale, was as a sick as a parrot. Anyway, apparently
said parrot has got bored of prose and has taken up DIY, which is nice.
He's coming round next Tuesday to put up some shelves. So if you want
him after...

P.P.P.S God this is droning on, but can anyone enlighten me on Billy
Maconie? e.g whether they're any cop, and if they are what I should
purchase. I'm off now honest...