Sinister: new in the neighborhood and scaring the old folks

Robert Hoots rhoots1 at xxx.net
Wed May 24 18:55:45 BST 2000

Greetings to all Sinisters,

i'm new...i'm out of the nursery...and, i have nothing intelligent to say.

A bit about myself:

i was born in america, but grew up in ireland [spent 15 years there, my mum
being irish, my da american].  i live in the states now; hard to find a
decent pint. i work, and i am feeling rather old at the moment after
reading everyone's posts.  i am also feeling rather daunted after reading
everyone's posts.

i have been listening to b+s for a couple of years.  i have everything that
i could find from them so far and looking forward to the new album.

i like to read quite a bit [sartre, dostoevsky, ginsberg, great jack
kerouac, nabakov just to name a few--currently rereading republic and
butler's lives of the saints].
i paint.  i normally paint in oils on rather large canvases [to big for my
little studio] and i get opportunities to show sometimes in different
galleries around town.
of course, my other hobby is music [cohen, bowie, velvet underground+reed,
smiths+morrissey, drake, looper, and of course b+s just to name a
few--currently listening to geometrid].

i prefer red over white, and veggies to meat.

let us see.  what other non interesting things might i tell you.

oh, yes...i just saw looper live a few weeks ago--thought they were
brilliant; got a t-shirt, but i didn't stay for the flaming lips.

also, i get to visit san francisco soon.   maybe make a stop by city light
books, home of the beats.

well, nothing else to say.  hope i didn't bore too much.  if so, i duly
apologize.

Robert

"Consider that this day ne'er dawns again"-Dante