Sinister: L, O, V, E, love, it's coming back...

Shawn Krueger MOUSER at xxx.net
Thu May 25 16:13:02 BST 2000

>get the feeling I've been cheated???
>or is there some subtle, wickedly parodic explanation for this.
>Belle & Sebastian, kow-towing to record industry machinations and releasing
>a three-track single??

Get used to it.  The way the things work now in the UK, singles now have to
be 3 tracks or fewer in order to be eligible for the charts.  Belle &
Sebastian and Jeepster want Legal Man to be eligible for the charts which is
perfectly normal.  Start feeling cheated if you have to buy 2 part B&S
singles.  Each time a single is bought, it counts toward the charts, natch.
So, you get increased sales by making people buy the same single (ie. A
side) three or four times to get all the tracks.  The extended version of
"Judy..." on the 12inch is as close as I'd like to see the band and label go
toward this.  Although the perverse record collector side of me would
probably buy every format anyway because I am a dweeb.

Thanks for listening.

Shawn Krueger