Sinister: True Confessions

David Southwick mistersouthwick at xxx.com
Thu May 25 21:24:56 BST 2000

Hello,

I have a confession to make.

Yesterday I stole a book from the library, a large
Brice Marden monograph. It was a crime of passion.
He's my favorite.

Let me tell you, when I walked undetected through the
detectors it was orgasmic. I groaned and made funny
noises.

Like crack, this was only fun until I got home. I
couldn't believe how irrational and impulsive I could
be. Doctors say that stealing is compensation for
something, usually love.

But books are the only things to steal that make
sense.

Later in the evening I began thinking about my job. I
work for an art dealer. My boss, VH, has a stellar
library. Aside from a few computers and desks it's all
books.

Some time around bed time it hit me. VH is
intimidating. My stealing books is a subconcious way
of increasing my manhood to be of equal to my boss. I
want my library to be as long as hers.

I'm scared of my conclusion, but I'm not compeled to
stop either. I am depraved and I'm going to wallow in
it. I had thought that I was comfortable with myself
but I now realize that I have issues too.

My sister is encouraging and wants to be my sidekick.

Your David

P.S. I'm really glad to be here.