Sinister: The Spinisterine Manifesto.....

Velocity Girl & Lleweth thespinisterines at xxx.com
Thu May 25 21:29:35 BST 2000

The Spinisterines recently held a press conference session to announce their
new Spinister Sinister Manifesto. Though the details are sketchy,  rumors
are that there was a lot of strawberry tea, lemon
cookies, and crochters present. In the near future, there will be a
transcript of the full event and a streamed video so that you can see what
happened and better understand the context of some of their responses. So
far, only Gleek the Space Monkey has reported on the event and since he only
twitters there isn't much to go on....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laura:   Requests to don shawls and join and list crush votes have amassed
all in the name of SPINISTER SINISTER. Even future cabana boy Stuart Murdoch
was heard pleading, "I don't care about anything
Bobbie Gilespie has to say; all I care about is Velocity Girl!" Obviously,
it is time to address the fact that everyone and their favorite crooner
wants to be a Spinisterine.

You thought we were hiding. You thought we were letting ourselves rust away
while letting the strawberry tea go cold. Our rocking chairs and crochet
hooks have been gathering dust as we have prepared to MANIFEST ourselves to
the world.

A SPECTRE IS HAUNTING SINISTER - the spectre of Spinisterines. All the
Powers of old have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre:
Honey and list members, nursery tots and #sinister chatters, milk maids and
crocheters, papercut stars and authors.

*Velocity Girl shoves Laura out of the limelight and begins to list.. As she
does, Laura begins to pick imaginary lint off of her shirt and make mental
commentaries to herself*

Velocity Girl: 1. What shall all the spinisterine powers do? We've come
together for a sole reason - to remain single...

(To herself) Laura: Doesn't it defy logic, to come together to remain alone?

Velocity Girl: 2. Spinisterism is an emotional tension that raises the sword
of inconsequence...

(To herself) Laura: I thought arms raised swords. What are we Jedi Knights?
Do we have the force? Somehow I doubt Vel is going
around murmuring ^ÓSize matters not.^Ô ^ÓDo or do not. There is no try.^Ô ^ÓI^Òd
rather kiss a wookie!^Ô Or maybe she does... hmmm.

Velocity Girl: 3. Spinisterines stand for life without lies and necessities
that derive from the human need against loneliness -
every pore of our spinisterine body opposes to this necessity.

*Laura is still to busy chuckling at the mental image of Vel kissing a
wookie.*

Velocity Girl: 4. Our purpose is that we have no purpose...

Laura: *randomly sings to herself* I'd rather have two boys at twenty-two
each than one guy at forty-four!

Velocity Girl: 5. Spinisterine is a virgin virus - logic that is ratified by
the senses is an organic disease...

(To Herself) Laura: "Virgin Virus". Finally, some alliteration! Sadly, there
hasn't been any mention of books..... Wait, virgin?!?!?
*Laura begins to pay attention*

Velocity Girl: Herewith, these are the tenets of the SPINISTERINE MANIFESTO.
If anyone wants to join The Spinisterines we are now
taking applications.

Laura: But be forewarned, we are not an equal opportunity group of
spinisters. Having a shawl and lots of cats doesn^Òt cut it in the
spinisterine world anymore, sucker.
~~~~
"By the time you swear you're his, shivering and sighing, and he vows his
passion is infinite, undying - lady make a note of this: one of you is
lying" -- Dorothy Parker

+--------+ Brought to you by Spinister Sinister +---------+
The herbal tea drinking, mad crocheting single girls who spread ramblings,
good will, literary lists, and afghans to the masses.
+-+ "Dubious Duo of Duende Dowagers" "Curious Couple of Cuties" +-+
+-----+ "Paramount Pair Of Paradisical Paradox" +-----+
+--+ "Spinisterines are a bit finicky." - Gleek the Space Monkey +--+