Sinister: The Lonliness of doing 400 metres and being last again (in grate twee style)

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Sat May 27 15:49:59 BST 2000

Hewwo,

We did 400 metres in PE yesterday, and instead of running round the track and
getting out of breath and making an idiot of myself (last time we did 400m, I
tripped over my lace and fell, and I was bleeding and everything and the
teacher still made me carry on), I figured that if I was going to come last,
I might as well do it in style.

 So I skipped round the track with a buttercup in my hair, and refused to do
anything else when the teacher yelled at me to run properly. I managed the
spectacularly bad time of 2mins 30secs, but I'm telling you, it was a massive
triumph of twee. All the nerdy and misfit people clapped me when I finished
and it was worth the hassle the hard kids gave me later on.

I'm going to be in a pantomime, and some of the kids there have decided to
form a band with me, so I'm well happy.  So far we've got two singers, two
guitarists, a drummer, and an E flat Tenor Horn.

I also might be allowed to go to the grate edinburgh picnic, so yay.

I went to see Final Destination last night, and you know how the adverts
where people are screaming and stuff and it says 'actual audience reaction',
well, believe me, it's true. People were being sick and screaming and me and
my friend just clutched on to each other for the whole film, it was so scary.
It's scarier than the Exorcist, The Omen, the Blair Witch Project and
Spiceworld the Movie all rolled into one.

I'm going to toddle off now,

Toodle-pip!

Hugs,
Jen