Sinister: it's not melissa, it's emily! ....or "when 32% goes awry"

MelissaThornton melissa.thornton at xxx.ca
Sun May 28 03:59:33 BST 2000

EMILY: hmm....i never post, i don't know how i got on this thing but we
are currently trying to waste time before heading out to throw-up
(er..blow-up). and i don't know why i am going there again this
weekend...i need to take my brain medication.

TERI: ...

emily: teri's saying that she doesn't know what to write  and is
rambling and brainstorming and i'm thinking that it has something to do
with her having just drank my share of some sort of overly sweet overly
alcoholic drink.

teri: desert liqueur, emily, desert liqueur!

emily: oh..."desert liqueur"..is that what the kids are calling it these
days...<it's hard to type when your hands are shaking>.

teri: i think this should be a rite of passage for every listee - get
really drunk with a fellow sinisterine and then send a message to the
list....

emily: i don't know what you're talking about; i'm stone cold sober...
but we never actually post so i don't think anyone is going to be at all
interested in this...which, of course makes it all the more exciting..

teri: well,

emily: ok, i'm taking over typing duties for the time being...and i
heard "legal man" last weekend andd all that i could think of with the
disco lights blinding me was how much it sounded like the theme song
from BATMAN. "da da da da da da Batman!"
but then again i'm an unemployed nanny (i basically quit after the first
day because it was like trying to take care of someone trying to get off
heroin...and we all know how much fun that is ...am i right people!)..oh
what was i talking about????

teri: emily, i thought i asked you not to bring up my little habit in
such a public forum!!!!

emily: yeah, ummm...fun game of badminton we had today, hey?

teri: yes, i do believe that badminton should be the official sinister
sport.

emily: well, i wouldn't go that far you dummy.

<pause for some verbal abuse and threats of violence and stuff>

teri: is it time to dance yet?

emily: i don't know what you're talking about, i'm not dancing. dancing
has been outlawed...didn't you hear.

<law enforcement shows up at emily's door just to make sure that there
is in fact no dancing taking place>

officer: we were just strolling by along the lake and couldn't help but
over hear talk about dancing...we just wanted to make sure that everyone
was doing the newest teen craze: "the quietly sitting".

emily: yep, sitting, quiet, yep.

officer: don't you think that all these people on the list have had just
about enough of your terrible attempt to write something at all
entertaining?

emily:  um...i think i am seeing some serious police brutality in my
near future.

<teri swings a chain around and the cops start backing away>

officer: uhh, i think we just got a call for a car theft downtown. we're
leaving!

<as the police run out of the house, emily and teri give each other high
fives>

teri: now emily, let's do some real DANCING!!!

emily: ok, i think you should go home now.

yours etc.
emily.

(and teri)xxxx